Job Summary Purpose:
The SharePoint Administrator is responsible for providing technical support for the SharePoint environment including assessment and implementation of new capabilities, and providing Information Technology with a long-term perspective on the relationship of SharePoint technology to the business opportunities facing the company.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports Intranet sites built on SharePoint 2010, 2013 and 2016
- Manage user accounts to both internal and external collaboration environments. Assist with account creation, modification, and troubleshooting
- Manages system security, system patching and upgrades
- Deploys custom developed and third-party SharePoint solution packages
- Configures SharePoint services and settings
- Documents SharePoint configuration and architecture
- Manages site quotas and file size limits
- Reviews and monitoring usage reports
- Manages content databases and creating new ones as required
- Perform basic content migration as necessary
- Administers and maintains sites and sub-sites
- Manages security for sites and sub-sites
- Manages the site layout structure and content
- Provides SharePoint support to end users
- Provides Microsoft Project support to project leaders
- Proven analytical skills with information systems.
- Knowledge of information security and systems administration
- Perform other MS SharePoint administration functions and other duties as assigned.
- Manage and oversee work assignments of other SharePoint Administrators
- Must work effectively and relate well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside of the company. The employee should exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Communicates proactively and effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the company.
- Possess ability to work well in fast paced team environment.
Education and/or Experience:
- SharePoint 2016, 2013, 2010 and 2007
- SharePoint Services/Portal Server
- Windows Server
- Microsoft Networking and Support
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related area or equivalent working experience
- TS, ITP, MCSE or other MS certifications are a plus
- 3-6 years’ experience